Map, Compass & GPS

Map, Compass & GPS
Wild flowers along Fall Creek on the way to the Green Lakes - Oregon

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Backcountry Stoves in Cold Weather.

Check out Hikin Jim's latest post on cold weather stoves.

The Jetboil Joule – Preview
I've been loaned a Jetboil Joule for the purposes of conducting a review.  I haven't started the review process just yet (I'm still working on the new MSR Windboiler), but I thought I'd post some photos and make a few remarks.

The Jetboil Joule is a powerhouse of a stove, designed for snow melting and cold weather.  It's an inverted canister stove which gives it a 20 Fahrenheit degree cold weather advantage over regular upright canister stoves.
 
He always has great information.  To read his complete post go here

No comments:

Post a Comment