Map, Compass & GPS

Map, Compass & GPS
Wild flowers along Fall Creek on the way to the Green Lakes - Oregon

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Rechargeable Batteries for the GPS

I recently read a post of Rich Owings' blog (www.gpstracklog.com) about a new product from SANYO called the Eneloop.  I checked them out.


I have never been a fan of rechargeable batteries for my GPS receiver.  They just didn't work for me.

So far these batteries are working just fine.   I have them in my GPS receiver and small radio that I use nightly.


Here are the stats on these batteries:
  1.  The unit can be charged 1,500 times; an increase of 30%
  2. They hold there charge for a long time.  The claim is made that the battery will retain 75% of its charge after three years.
  3. The cost is roughly 4 per charge.
I found the batteries at COSTCO in a pack of several AA & AAA batteries, charger and adapters for size C batteries.  The price was $29 for the pack.

For more information on the Eeneloop visit SANYO's site here.

To read Rich Owings' post go here.



No comments:

Post a Comment