Map, Compass & GPS

Map, Compass & GPS
Wild flowers along Fall Creek on the way to the Green Lakes - Oregon

Friday, March 23, 2012

What to Carry and How To Carry It All

There is a great blog out there called Section Hiker....Check it out here.

In the post below, the author really gets in to the details of packing a backpack.  Great info.

Packing the Unpackable: Backpack Loading Tips

by Philip Werner


One of my readers, a guy named Tim, is having problems getting all of his backpacking gear into his backpack. This is something I’ve wrestled with too. I had a few breakthroughs this year though, based on some advice from a more experienced mentor that I thought I’d share. Feel free to chime in with your own suggestions to help Tim out.
Right off the bat, there are some basic things you can do to make things fit better:
To read the rest of the post go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment