Map, Compass & GPS

Map, Compass & GPS
Wild flowers along Fall Creek on the way to the Green Lakes - Oregon

Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Cold Steel SRK: The Best Survival Knife?

My friend Leon has a strong review about the best survival knife/


You can’t compromise on survival gear quality, so over 20 years ago, I invested in a Cold Steel SRK. If I could only have one survival knife, which would also be used as a field dressing tool for big game and a meat cutting implement, it would be a  SRK. Here’s why.


If I could only have one survival knife, which would also be used as a field dressing tool for big game and a meat cutting implement, it would be a Cold Steel SRK. Here's why.
My Cold Steel SRK has had hard use for nearly 20 years and is still my first choice for a survival knife.

by Leon Pantenburg

After my first Idaho elk hunt in 1990, I had to make some gear changes. My wood-stocked BDL 7mm Remington Magnum caliber went synthetic. I got heavier boots, warmer hunting clothes, better binoculars and a Cold Steel SRK.

To read the rest of Leon's post go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment