Map, Compass & GPS

Map, Compass & GPS
Wild flowers along Fall Creek on the way to the Green Lakes - Oregon

Friday, February 15, 2013

Gluten Free Backpacking Food on a Budget

Seattlebackpackersmagazine.com writer Isaac Tait provides some thoughts about gluten free backpacking.

Five days. Fifty miles. Two 14,000+ foot peaks. Solitude. Rain. It was going to be the quintessential backpacking trip deep into the High Sierra. It was my first trip in a long time that was longer than a weekend and I was looking forward to it. Besides the obvious preparations for a long backpacking trip, I had three obstacles to overcome before I would be ready to depart: The first was that I did not have a bear canister; the second is that I recently discovered that I am gluten-intolerant and would need to concoct a new gluten free backpacking food menu; the last problem was that…well, I was broke.

To read the rest of Isaac's post go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment