Map, Compass & GPS

Map, Compass & GPS
Wild flowers along Fall Creek on the way to the Green Lakes - Oregon

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Technology in the Backcountry

When I head for the backcountry the last thing I want to do is to bring the "front country" with me.  Section hiker has a short post about "How Much is Too much."


By Philip Werner


I’ve been thinking a lot about the role of Technology in the Backcountry – you know like cell phones, satellite phones, GPS, personal locator beacons, Go-Pro movie cameras, digital cameras, headlamps, iPods, iPads, etc. There sure seems to be a lot of it these days. Throw in rechargeable headlamps, battery packs, recharging cords, solar panels: it really adds up and I find myself carrying more and more of it with each passing year, especially on overnight trips.
To read the rest of his post go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment