Map, Compass & GPS

Map, Compass & GPS
Wild flowers along Fall Creek on the way to the Green Lakes - Oregon

Friday, November 15, 2013

The 20 Most Essential Trail Skills

Dave Collins of Clever Hiker as an excellent artilcle on the 20 most essential trail skils for the hiker.  I look forward to his videos.

A few months ago, I was trying to determine a focus for the next CleverHiker video series. For our second season, I wanted get away from gear and focus on teaching skills. The idea came about to make a 10-episode series on the most critical trail skills and I started to scribble down ideas.

It didn’t take long to realize that there were far too many critical skills to cram into a single series. So, instead of filming one full series, I decided to film two. I’m calling the two-part series Essential Trail Skills I & II and I’m excited to hear your thoughts. The series will be 20 HD instructional videos to teach the most important trail skills for backpackers of all levels and it’s set to launch in early 2014.

To read the rest of the post visit sectionhiker.com here.

Check out Dave Collins' web site at www.cleverhiker.com

No comments:

Post a Comment