Map, Compass & GPS

Map, Compass & GPS
Wild flowers along Fall Creek on the way to the Green Lakes - Oregon

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Camp Stove Safety

Carbon Monoxide is  a killer.  Do you even consider this danger when cooking in camp?  The following post came from the UK and it's worth your consideration.

by Jon]

This week's Monday Tip is a timely summer camping one - beware the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning when you're cooking under canvas this summer, not just from gas stoves, but also from less obvious sources like portable barbecues and even gas-powered fridges.

Carbon monoxide poisoning is particularly dangerous because the gas, produced as a by-product of stoves and other gas-powered appliances is colorless, odorless and poisonous. Symptoms include headaches, drowsiness, dizziness, chest pains, nausea and vomiting.

To read the rest of Jon's post go here.  safety 

No comments:

Post a Comment